young at art

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Giant Holes in the Floor and Other Joys

Let's cut to the chase. I am dirty, all of my pictures and knick knacks are displaced, and I have several holes cut in various surfaces in my home (the cabinet under my sink, 4 in my kitchen floor, a big 'un under the hot water heater, a couple in the sheet rock in the utility room, and some little dents in my roof). But, even with life and all of it's stress, I really can't complain. I have some nice things to say about our home repair drama...


Our plumber, Bob, left today with a bunch of tools, a leaky hot water heater, and my gratitude. He gave us hot water back after 4 days. He found all of the leaks. He did it all with a smile. I don't really even mind that he used a jack hammer inside my house...maybe a little. Bob rocks!


We have insurance that will cover all of the damage, except the actual leaky pipe. Our insurance adjuster was very nice and offered to look at our roof while he was here. It took him longer to get his ladder out than it did for him to come back down and say, "Yeah, you need a new roof." I could complain that we have one more thing to fix, but I won't. I'm smiling because he saved us from a leaky ceiling. We do not need that with a little J or Brandi on the way. I'm so thankful for insurance!


Brian let up shack up with him for a couple of days. Foster got to play with Max. Now they are best buds. I'm so thankful for such a wonderful pal!


Jeremiah has been so wonderful about all of this. He is calm when I am wiggin' (which is often, if I am being honest). I love love love my hubby!


Now, I am going to take a hot shower in the middle of summer, because you never know when your hot water pipes will bust. Carpe' diem.


Hugs,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment