- Sundays at Tiffany's- my wonderful friend Hollie recommends this one. She said that the tagline is, "What if your one true love is your imaginary friend?" Need I say more? I can't wait to read this one. It will also be my first James Patterson book.
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. This one is about a woman who, at age eleven, discovers that she can taste emotions in food. My first inclination: a gift and a curse. Plus, with Jeremiah being a chef, I feel an interesting connection. I also love love love the title.
- Both Ways is the Only Way I Want It. 11 short stories. Oprah had it on her summer reading list. Nuf said.
- The Outlander Series- I'm on to book 2 "Voyager." Who doesn't love time travel and Scottish Highland Clansmen? BONUS: The main male character, Jamie Fraser, is super dreamy. Plus my Grandma Bonnie has excellent taste in books. She opened my eyes to the series.
- The Hunger Games- Yet another Carol Fain recommendation. We all know that she can pick a book! It is by Suzanne Collins (author of the Gregor the Overlander series). From what I remember it seems to be all about a contest in an impoverished society. The winner of the contest gets food for their family for life...I think the losers die. Sheesh!
- Three Cups of Tea- I'm having a hard time getting started on this one. I usually struggle with non-fiction, but I really want to see it through.
- All of my baby books.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Summer Reading Goal
I love to read! I have this fear, planted in my head by my sister, that once the baby arrives, I won't have time to cut my toenails, much less read. So... fueled by anxiety and my voracious literary appetite, I am setting a goal. Here is the list of books I WANT to read this summer.
As I finish a book, my plan is to write a little review. Wish me luck! If you have any suggestions, leave a comment. I always love a good book:)